The student is responsible for reviewing test accommodation requests with each instructor, either during office hours or by appointment. The student should discuss which accommodations can be provided by the instructor (enlargements, extended time, etc.) and when Disability Resources assistance will be needed.
Test accommodations that cannot be provided by the instructor will require the student to make arrangements for those accommodations through the Disability Resources office.
How to Request
To request test accommodations through Disability Resources, students must follow these steps:
- Contact Disability Resources and request test accommodations at least five working days in advance. For example, if a student requests test accommodations on Thursday, the earliest testing could take place is the following Thursday. Test accommodation requests will not be accepted any earlier than 10 working days before an exam is scheduled to be given by the instructor.
- Schedule an exam for the same day it's being given in class.
- Pick up a RED envelope for the instructor to use when delivering the exam to Disability Resources.
- Show up for your test appointment. This test is the same as any of your classes and you will only have the allotted time to complete the exam. If you arrive late, the ending time of your exam will not change.
- Personal property and other supplies must be stored outside of the testing room. Lockers are available for short-term storage. Only those items specified by the instructor (i.e. 3 x 5 note card, calculator, etc.) will be permitted during the test.
- When finished, return your exam to the Disability Resources Service Provider for prompt delivery to your instructor.
- Disability Resources will reschedule tests only for those students with a qualifying accommodation and instructor approval, or if the instructor has changed the test date. No shows will not be rescheduled by Disability Resources. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for a test, you will need to reschedule with your instructor.
Examples of Test Accommodations
- Extended time - time-and-a-half or double-time.
- Reader - readers may not define words, rephrase questions, or answer any questions about your test.
- Word processor or computer access.
- Reduced distraction or separate room.
- Music through earphones.
- Scribe - someone to write for you.
Information for Finals
- Test Accommodations request forms must be submitted by students no later than the Wednesday before Finals week.
- Disability Resources schedules finals with accommodations during these times:
8 am - 11 am
11 am - 2 pm
2 pm - 5 pm
5 pm - 8 pm
- Lane Community College Final Exam Schedule — When possible, please schedule your test accommodations final on the same day as your class final.
- Late Arrivals for Final Exams scheduled through the Disability Resources office will not be admitted.