The Disability Resources Department at Lane Community College has embraced a growing national awareness about the importance of shifting from a medical model service-delivery approach to a social model of thinking. This transition involves a gradual process of increasing knowledge about disability culture and incorporating that into the department's tone, attitudes and beliefs. We welcome the public's participation and feedback as we make progress on these fundamental changes in philosophy and practice.
Lane Community College
4000 E 30th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97405
Main Campus, Building 1, Room 218
Mon-Thurs 8-5; Friday 8-2
Summer term - closed Friday
Phone: (541) 463-5059
Through education, awareness and innovation, Lane's Disability Resources collaborates with students, faculty, staff and community to create learning environments that are diverse, inclusive, accessible, and sustainable for everyone.
- Promote and support progressive system change within the campus community by creating and engaging in open, communicative environments and opportunities.
- Improve the recruitment, transition, retention and success/graduation of students with disabilities.
- Ensure the effective delivery of accommodations while minimizing obstacles for students with disabilities.
- Increase resources, strategies and advising for all, whether or not they qualify for accommodations.
- Provide opportunities for professional development, personal growth, and staff interaction.
- Promote awareness among collaborating community agencies, public schools and colleges about social model thinking.
- Collaborate with instructional divisions to develop Disability Studies courses.