Steps to Enroll for "Prior College" Students
Welcome new Lane students!! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll for spring term (winter term enrollment has ended), you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below, throughout the winter and into the weeks before spring term begins. As a new spring term student, you will need to complete all of the Steps to Enroll by Friday, March 27. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing - completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application online.
- The last day to apply for spring term admissions is March 22.
- An email address is required in order to complete the Lane Application. Find out more about setting up a free email account.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an e-mail with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane PIN/PassPhrase for use in Step 5 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log on to https://mylane.lanecc.edu and create a
permanent PassPhrase and security questions.
- Due to the unprecedented increase in the number of financial aid applications being processed, it is taking 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received. We urge you to submit your financial aid application immediately.
- Complete this step if you plan to earn a degree or certificate from Lane.
Step 4: Decide on your need to take placement tests
If you have not completed the math requirements for your desired program, major or degree and have not completed math within the past four terms (with a C- or higher), then schedule your math placement test now.
If you have completed a writing composition course with a grade C- or higher at a previous college, you do not need to take the reading/writing placement test. Proceed to Step 5.
If you have not completed a writing composition course at a previous college, or you earned a grade lower than a C-, you must take the reading/writing placement test before you can register. Go here to make a placement test appointment before proceeding to Step 5.
The Placement Testing deadline for spring term is Wednesday, March 25, or earlier if appointments are full on this date.
- The deadline to complete the New Student Information Session for spring term is 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 27.
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab in myLane.
- Find out when Prior College academic advising sessions are available.
- The last day for you to drop-in for a spring term session is Thursday, March 26, as long as there are advisors for your program/major available and there is time for you to have a session before closing time at 4 p.m.
Step 7: Register for classes on myLane
- Under the myEnrollment tab, choose the "When Can I Register? and View Holds" link to be sure you are cleared to register. If you have any holds, follow the instructions given on how to remove your holds.
- Questions or concerns? Contact us on https://www.lanecc.edu/counseling/request-information (preferred), or call (541) 463-3200.
- Come by the Counseling and Advising Center at the 30th Avenue campus, in Building 1, Room 103.