Steps to Enroll for "First Time In College" Students
(includes College Now students transitioning to Lane)
Welcome new Lane students!! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll, you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below, throughout the fall and into the weeks before winter term begins. As a new winter term student, you will need to complete the Steps to Enroll by the deadlines given at each step below. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing - completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application online
- Admissions is closed December 19th through December 28th.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form. Find out more about setting up a free email account.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an e-mail with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane PIN/PassPhrase for use in Step 4 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log on to https://mylane.lanecc.edu and create a permanent PassPhrase and security questions.
- Due to the unprecedented increase in the number of financial aid applications being processed, it is taking 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received. We urge you to submit your financial aid application immediately. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Schedule testing after receiving your L number.
- Remember, Placement Testing needs to be completed before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. The last day for testing prior to winter term is Tuesday, December 30* or earlier if appointments are full on this date.
- The deadline to complete the New Student Information Session for winter term is 11:59 p.m. Friday, January 2.
- All new Lane students will complete this self-paced online information session. You will need your L# and permanent PassPhrase to access this resource.
- You must have completed Steps 1 and 3 before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. Most importantly, without test scores you cannot be advised, and therefore you will not be able to attend the New Student Academic Advising Session.
- The last New Student Academic Advising Session scheduled for winter term is Wednesday, December 31*, at 9 a.m.
Step 6: Register for Classes in myLane
*Students choosing the online option have different deadlines. Please refer to the online instructions once you enter the online system.
- Questions or concerns? Contact us on https://www.lanecc.edu/counseling/request-information (preferred), or call (541) 463-3200.
- Come by the Counseling and Advising Center at the 30th Avenue campus, in Building 1, Room 103.