Steps to Enroll for "First Time In College" Students
(includes College Now students transitioning to Lane)
Welcome new Lane students!! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll, you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below, throughout the summer and into the weeks before fall term begins. As a new fall term student, you will need to complete the Steps to Enroll by Wednesday, September 24*. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing - completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
- Receive your Lane identification number (L#).
- Receive your temporary myLane PIN/PASSPHRASE for use in Step 4 below
- You must have an email address before completing this online form. Find out more about setting up a free email account.
- Due to the unprecedented increase in the number of financial aid applications being processed, it is taking 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received. We urge you to submit your financial aid application immediately. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Schedule testing after receiving your L number.
- Remember, Placement Testing needs to be completed before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. The last day for testing prior to fall term is Tuesday, September 23*.
Step 4: Initiate your myLane account and complete the required New Student Information Session (not compatible with tablets and mobile devices)
- You must have completed Steps 1 and 3 before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. Most importantly, without test scores you cannot be advised, and therefore you will not be able to attend the New Student Academic Advising Session.
- New Student Academic Advising Sessions continue as needed through September*.
Step 6: Register for Classes in myLane
*Students choosing the online option have different deadlines. Please refer to the online instructions once you enter the online system.