Steps to Enroll for "First Time In College" Students
(includes College Now students transitioning to Lane)
The deadline to complete all the REQUIRED steps to Enroll for Spring term was March 28.
The deadline to complete all the REQUIRED Steps to Enroll for Fall term is September 26*. The deadline to complete all the REQUIRED Steps to Enroll for Summer term varies according to the session you plan to attend. You must complete the following steps by the start of the session you plan to attend*. See Summer session start dates. The earlier you complete all of the REQUIRED steps, the earlier you can register. Completing the REQUIRED steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the online Admissions form REQUIRED!
- Receive your Lane identification number (L#)
- Receive your temporary myLane PIN/PASSPHRASE for use in Step 4 below
- You must have an email address before completing this online form. Find out more about setting up a free email account.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
- Due to the unprecedented increase in the number of financial aid applications being processed, it is taking 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received. We urge you to submit your financial aid application immediately.
Step 3: Complete your Placement Testing REQUIRED!
- Schedule testing after receiving your L number.
- The Placement Testing deadline for Fall term is Thursday, September 25*
- The Placement Testing deadline for Summer term varies according to the session you plan to attend*. For Summer session start dates go here.
Step 4: Initiate your myLane account and complete the New Student Information Session (not compatible with tablets and mobile devices) REQUIRED!
Step 5: Schedule a New Student Academic Advising Session REQUIRED!
- You must have completed Steps 1 and 3 before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. If you have not completed your Placement Testing before your scheduled New Student Academic Advising Session, you will not be allowed to attend and you will need to reschedule.
- New Student Academic Advising Sessions begin May 16 and continue as needed through September.*
Step 6: Register for Classes in myLane
*Students choosing the online option have different deadlines. Please refer to the online instructions once you enter the online system.