Steps to Enroll for "First Time In College" Students
(includes College Now students transitioning to Lane)
Welcome new Lane students!! We're happy you have chosen to enroll at Lane. In the following Steps to Enroll for summer or fall term (spring term enrollment has ended), you will embark on the road to successfully fulfilling your academic dreams!
A few matters to consider: There are ongoing opportunities to enroll using the steps below, throughout the summer and into the weeks before fall term begins. The deadline to complete all the REQUIRED Steps to Enroll for fall term is September 25*. The deadline to complete all the REQUIRED Steps to Enroll for summer term varies according to the session you plan to attend. You must complete the following steps by the start of the session you plan to attend*. For summer session start dates go here. Remember, the earlier you enroll, you increase the chances of getting the classes you need and want, so please do not wait until the last minute to enroll. And consider your timing - completing the steps may take 4-10 days.
Step 1: Complete the required Lane Admissions Application online
- The last day to apply for fall term admissions is September 20.
- The last day to apply for summer term admissions varies according to the summer session you will enroll in. View the summer session start dates.
- You must have an email address before completing this online form. Find out more about setting up a free email account.
- Once your application is processed you'll receive an email with your Lane Identification Number (L#) and temporary myLane PassPhrase for use in Step 4 below.
- To verify myLane access you'll need to log into myLane and create a permanent PassPhrase and security questions.
- Due to the unprecedented increase in the number of financial aid applications being processed, it is taking 4-12 weeks to process aid awards once all documents have been received. We urge you to submit your financial aid application immediately. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Schedule testing after receiving your L number.
- Remember, Placement Testing needs to be completed before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session.
- The last day for testing prior to fall term is Tuesday, September 22* or earlier if appointments are full on this date.
- The last day for testing prior to summer term varies according to the session you plan to attend*. See the summer session start dates.
- The deadline to complete the New Student Information Session for fall term is 11:59 p.m. Friday, September 25.
- The deadline to complete the New Student Information Session for summer term is 11:59 p.m. the night before your summer session begins.
- All new Lane students will complete this self-paced online information session. You will need your L# and permanent PassPhrase to access this resource
- You must complete the New Student Information Session to be able to see the myEnrollment tab in myLane.
- You must have completed Steps 1 and 3 before attending your New Student Academic Advising Session. Most importantly, without test scores you cannot be advised, and therefore you will not be able to attend the New Student Academic Advising Session.
- The last New Student Academic Advising Session scheduled fall term is Wednesday, September 23*, at 9 a.m.
- New Student Academic Advising Sessions for summer term begin May 16 and continue as needed through the summer.*
Step 6: Register for Classes in myLane
*Students choosing the online option have different deadlines. Please refer to the online instructions once you enter the online system.
- Questions or concerns? Use our Request for Information form (preferred), or call (541) 463-3200
- Come by the Counseling and Advising Center at the 30th Avenue campus, in Building 1, Room 103.