College Success: Back On Course
A Means to Ensure Your Future Academic Success
Back On Course (CG100) is a one credit class designed to assist students in addressing their barriers to meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Standards. The goal is to help students get back on track to academic success. This class will cover:
- College policies and expectations
- Accessing campus resources and support
- Strategies for academic success
- Taking personal responsibility
- Identifying academic and career goals
- Improving self-management skills
- Making conscious and informed decisions
- Learning new coping skills
Over 93% of students who have completed Back On Course report it has helped them improve academically, and 98% recommend Back On Course to other students.
Is Back On Course for me?
If you have documented extenuating circumstances that prevented you from meeting SAP Standards, then College Success: Back On Course may not be necessary. The Financial Aid Office uses the following criteria to determine whether your extenuating circumstances would be approved:
- The circumstances were outside your control
- They were of sufficient duration or intensity to have affected the entire term
- It is reasonable that another person with these same circumstances would have the same outcome
- Your circumstances are not part of a recurring pattern
- You have documentation that clearly coincides with the terms you were not successful
If the circumstances that prevented you from meeting SAP Standards can be adequately resolved by learning information covered in College Success: Back On Course, you may enroll in this course and ask Financial Aid to consider this a step to ensure your academic success as part of your appeal. Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal forms are available online.
Is it a guarantee that my financial aid will be reinstated if I take the Back On Course?
No. All students must be able to complete their program within the 150% Maximum Attempted Credits Allowed with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. In addition, the course must be able to adequately address the circumstances that prevented you from meeting SAP Standards.
Interested in taking Back On Course?
Registration for Spring 2013 Back On Course is now open.
Register for one section of the following:
|41201||Mon/Wed||11:30 a.m. - 12:50 p.m.||Bldg. 1/Rm. 222||M. Parthemer|
|41202||Tuesday||11:30 a.m. - 12:50 p.m.||Bldg. 19/Rm. 250||K. Morton|
Online course - enrollment restrictions apply and instructor
If you have questions about the course, please contact the Counseling Department or call (541) 463-3200. Questions about financial aid or the appeal process should be directed to Enrollment and Student Financial Services.