Student Life and Leadership Development
Responsible Executive Authority:
Executive Dean, Student Affairs
This procedure describes the requirements for establishing an official club or organization.Students are encouraged to organize new clubs and special groups compatible with the spirit of the college community.
- Each organization shall provide Student Life and Leadership Development with the following information:
- Name of the organization;
- Purpose of the organization;
- Officers and phone numbers;
- Advisor and phone extension;
- Time, place, and days of regularly scheduled meetings; and
- Proposed organizational guidelines (constitution).
- Each recognized organization must complete a
- Memorandum of Notification Form, available from Associated Students of Lane Community College (ASLCC) and Student Life and Leadership Development. This form must bear the names of two officers plus the advisor and is necessary for all financial transactions.
- Each student club and organization must have a staff advisor. It is the responsibility of the students to find a staff member willing to act in this capacity.
- It is the function of the advisor to provide assistance and direction to the student organization.
- It is the responsibility of the advisor to ensure that the organization:
- Is informed of college policy as related to its activity; and
- Submits financial statements as outlined below.
Scheduling Activities or Events
- All activities and events which require the scheduling of campus facilities must comply with the Facilities: Scheduling guidelines prior to facility assignment.
- All activities and events which require the scheduling of campus facilities shall be initiated through Student Life and Leadership Development.
Fund-Raising Projects And Activities
- Requests for conducting fund-raising projects must be submitted to ASLCC and the director of Student Life and Leadership Development.
- Fund-raising projects must satisfy the following criteria:
- It must be sponsored by a recognized student organization;
- Income must be deposited to the organization's funding account for the purpose of furthering its programs; and
- No individual(s) shall realize a personal financial gain from the project.
- A complete financial statement shall be submitted to Student Life and Leadership Development at the completion of such fee-charged or fund-raising event showing:
- Gross income;
- Itemized expenses; and
- Net profit (or loss).
- All funds shall be deposited in an account in College Finance.
- Funds will remain in the organization's account as long as it continues to function as an active and recognized organization. If an organization should cease to operate for a period of two years, any unencumbered funds will revert to the student government of Lane Community College upon approval of the ASLCC president and the director of Student Life and Leadership Development.
- All requisitions shall bear the signature(s) of the designated club officer(s) and the signature of its advisor.
- Student organizations may schedule off-campus activities. However, Student Life and Leadership Development must be informed, in writing and in advance, as to the time, place, date, and purpose of the event.
- An advisor must be present at the activity.
Student Organization Speakers
- Clubs and organizations may have off-campus speakers. No attempt is made to regulate the selection of speakers. Organizations are encouraged to invite the student body to hear speakers.
- Requests for permission to sponsor the activity (including speakers) must be arranged through Student Life and Leadership Development. Such requests should be in writing and include the following:
- Purpose of the activity;
- Facility needed;
- Advisor; and
- Security (if applicable).
Saturday, May 1, 1999
Date Last Reviewed:
Sunday, September 1, 2002