This procedure outlines steps for reservation and guidelines for use of Siltcoos Station Retreat and Learning Center
Siltcoos Station consists of four cabins and one meeting room. Sleeping accommodations are:
- Cabins #114 & #115 each have a queen bed and a pull out loveseat, sleeping 3-4 persons
- Cabin #116 has a queen bed and a separate room with two bunk beds, sleeping 6 persons
- Cabin #117 has a queen bed, sleeps 2 persons.
Each cabin has a small kitchen, and a bathroom with a shower (no tubs available). The available meeting room is a beautifully converted boathouse which accommodates up to 40 people. Folding tables and chairs and standard refrigerator are available for meeting use.
Siltcoos Station provides an educational training field station to present or supplement course work offered at Lane Community College, or for related activities by outside groups. No one is authorized to use the facilities for profit. Call (541) 997-8444 or (541) 463-4820 to make reservations.
Fees are established by Lane and are kept low to allow educational groups, private non-profit groups and individual families to enjoy this unique learning environment. The Siltcoos Station Retreat and Learning Center is self sustaining and the fees support yearly maintenance of grounds and cabins and replacement of worn equipment and furnishings. Please see the current rate schedule at our website http://www.lanecc.edu/florence/siltcoos.
- All Lane Community College groups must be accompanied by a staff advisor, who is responsible to the college.
- All educational groups must be accompanied by a designated responsible adult acceptable to the college.
- All educational groups using the cabins will be charged at the policy rate.
- It is expected that all groups using Siltcoos Station will act responsibly, respecting the cabins for their historical, aesthetic, and ecological significance, and take all steps to avoid any damage to the cabins or their surroundings. Any group damaging, or allowing damage to the cabins, or surroundings, will be held liable for all costs relative to repairs. The boat dock area is to be considered as private property and is not a Lane facility.
- The group advisor is responsible to ensure that the group will leave the facilities in a clean and sanitary condition, with all furnishings returned to their proper storage places. The advisor is also responsible for checking that all facilities are locked at the end of their stay. Check out time is 11:00 a.m. The college will bill for cleaning charges relative to the user's failure to adequately clean.
- The scheduling of Siltcoos Station is the responsibility of LCC at Florence. Scheduling will be done primarily on a first-come, first-served basis. Lane-related reservations will be accepted only from the class coordinator, and cannot be made for more than two terms in advance. A Siltcoos Station Learning and Retreat Center Facility Reservation Form will be completely filled out and sent to the responsible party prior to the activity.
- Overnight maximum capacity is 16-18 persons per activity. The boathouse may not be used for sleeping.
- All users of Siltcoos must furnish their own food, toiletries, towels and linens. Items provided include Stove/Oven, Refrigerator, Microwave, Electric Coffee Maker, Toaster, Plates, Glasses, Cups, Pots/Pans, Flatware, Dish Soap, and a Broom and a Mop.
- NO CAMPING will be permitted on the grounds.
- NO SMOKING, CANDLES, OR INCENSE, or any other combustible heating, cooking, or lighting device will be allowed in the buildings. It is required that all Oregon State Fire Marshall rulings (see Oregon Revised Statutes 476) be observed.
- No pets permitted. This includes in buildings, tied up in yards, or left in vehicles.
- Staff or responsible group leaders are required to ensure that Board Policy is maintained by persons using Siltcoos Station. Board Policy stipulates that the use of intoxicants, gambling, and smoking is prohibited on the Lane Campus and this policy must be enforced by persons using Siltcoos, as well.
- The LCC at Florence Campus is normally open from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. During between-term breaks and during summer term, hours may be shorter and/or the campus may be closed. Telephone (541) 997-8444 or (541) 463-4820 to make reservations.