Responsible Executive Authority:
Chief Information Officer
The purpose of this procedure is to document the steps required to request and establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to the Lane network.
- Requests may be for a Lane employee or a non-employee with a college business related need for access.
- Requests must be initiated by a Lane manager.
- Requests should include:
- The reason for requesting VPN access and the anticipated duration of the need.
- The name of the employee or vendor needing VPN access.
- The email address of the employee or vendor.
- Requesters will comply with the guidelines outlined in the VPN policy.
- Send access requests to the HelpDesk@lanecc.edu.
- Once IT approves a request, Network Services will complete the VPN set up.
Annual Review and Renew
- For security reasons, all VPN connections will be reviewed during summer term each year.
- Information Technology will send out email one month prior to terminating VPN connections.
Sunday, July 1, 2007
Date Last Reviewed:
Friday, October 3, 2014