The purpose of this procedure is to document the steps required to request and establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to the Lane network.
1. Requests may be for a Lane employee or a non-employee with a college business related need for access.
2. Requests must be initiated by a Lane manager.
3. Requests should include:
1. The reason for requesting VPN access and the anticipated duration of the need.
2. The name of the employee or vendor needing VPN access.
3. The email address of the employee or vendor.
4. Requesters will comply with the guidelines outlined in the VPN policy.
5. Send access requests to the HelpDesk@lanecc.edu.
6. Once IT approves a request, Network Services will complete the VPN set up.
Annual Review and Renew
1. For security reasons, all VPN connections will be reviewed during summer term each year.
2. Information Technology will send out email one month prior to terminating VPN connections.