Scholarships: Classes and Workshops
"Show Me the Money!" Learning Community (not offered Winter term 2015)
This learning community links CG105, Scholarships: $$ for College (2 credits) with WR105, Writing for Scholarships (2 credit). Students must enroll in both courses. These integrated courses provide students with structure and support to complete quality scholarship applications, as part of a well developed scholarship portfolio. Students develop skills in self-assessment, planning, organization, writing, and scholarship research.
Scholarship Workshops are offered throughout the year; the topics change depending on the term. Fall term workshops focus on researching scholarships and developing high quality applications. Winter term workshops focus on applying for Lane Foundation scholarships and Oregon Student Access and Completion scholarships. A Spring term "interview" workshop is held for students who have been invited to Ford Family Foundation interviews.
Winter term workshops are located in Building 19, Room 243.
- January 16, Friday 2:00-3:20 pm
- January 23, Friday 2:00-3:20 pm
- January 28, Wednesday 3:30-4:50 pm
- February 20, Friday 2:00-3:20 pm
- February 25, Wednesday 3:30-4:50 pm
Winter term workshop will be located in Building 2, Room 213.
- February 6, Friday 2:00-3:20 pm (live stream with Florence campus)
- Diversity Training - Undoing Privilege and Racism
- See other upcoming workshops.
- See current and upcoming events.