This non-credit training will provide students with entry-level skills to seek employment in medical reception areas. Instruction includes medical ethics and laws, basic medical terminology, customer service, clerical skills, registration and scheduling, basics of billing and insurance and initial medical record documentation.
The Medical Receptionist class will be offered Winter Term 2015.
Applications are no longer required for this program
First registered, First in class!
Steps to register:
- To register for classes please set up a profile on our online registration system
- Click "Create a New Profile"
- Fill in the form
- You must fill in all boxes that have an asterisk
- Use your email address for your username
- Create a password of your choice
- Once your profile has been set up you are ready to register
- Search for a class by clicking "courses" in the left hand column or in the search field on the upper right of the page
- Add your class(es) to the shopping cart and checkout to finalize your registration
The cost of the course is $439. Clinical placement, if desired, will be approximately $230. Two textbooks are required at an additional cost of approximately $85. (Prices are subject to change)
Class Times and Location
Class is on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-4 pm at Lane's new Downtown Campus, 101 W. 10th Avenue.
Cooperative Education (co-op) offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through co-op, students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and make contacts for the future. Work schedules and work sites vary. Students may be required to pass a background check, drug screen, personal health insurance and have current immunizations to be eligible. Contact Jamie Kelsch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class enrollment is limited to 15 students. Lane Community College reserves the right to cancel the course if minimum enrollment is not met.
Physicians' offices, dental offices, clinics, surgical centers and hospitals are just some of the organizations which employ Medical Receptionists.
For more information, contact Kathy Calise.