Register your child
The Center provides childcare on a space-available basis for children age 3 (who are toilet trained) through elementary-school age. Children must be pre-registered to be accepted for childcare. To register your child(ren) for child care, call Laura Jones at (541) 463-5234 or print out the Childcare registration form and mail it to:
Lane Community College Counseling Department
Attn: Laura Backen Jones
4000 E. 30 th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97405
You may also email the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have already registered with Laura, bring the following items with you on the first day of class.
A Childcare registration form for each child who you want to enroll (if you have not mailed it). We require a new child care form each term, even if you completed one for a previous term. A simple snack for your child (e.g., juice and crackers). The signature of at least one parent on the child care form , indicating that you have read the information regarding Center child care. A check payable to Lane Community College for the non-refundable children's supply fee of $15 per child/per term. Unless your check or a request for a sponsorship is received by the second week of the term, we will assume you do not need child care and allot the space to parents on the waiting list.
Child Care Information
Lane's Community Center for Family Counseling (Saturday Circus) provides child care for children aged 3 (if toilet trained) through age 12 on a space available basis for parents who need child care in order to participate in our parent education class. Reservations for child care will be taken in the order that phone reservations are received. Because child care is limited, parents are encouraged to make their own arrangements if possible, and are reminded that the Center's child care is only one of a number of options. The registration process for children includes parents reading the guidelines below and signing to indicate that they understand the information they have read. Children will not be admitted for child care without this signed form, a completed child care information form, and payment of the Center supply fee ($15) per child/per term, payable to Lane Community College, to cover our supply costs.
- We realize that families are increasingly busy and that means less downtime for children. With this in mind, we set up the play rooms so that children can choose from a variety of low-pressure activities, ranging from relaxing to active. Our emphasis is on having fun and helping children learn skills to improve their relationships with others.
- Children must be toilet trained to be admitted for child care. Diapering products, such as pull ups and plastic pants are indications that children are not trained. Parents of 3-year-olds please bring an extra set of clothes in case of accidents. A Center staff person will locate children's parents if an accident occurs and a change of clothing is necessary.
- Most of our staff has been working in the center for 15-20 years. The typical ratio for the Center's child care groups will be one staff person for every 4 or 5 children. Staff members are assisted by volunteers, including teenagers.
- Children need to bring a "snack sack" for mid-morning. Please label these snacks with children's names.
- On site registration for children is between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. Since the staff members who register children have other jobs at the Center, and children do better when they enter child care groups on time, it is not possible to admit children after 9:00, unless prior arrangements are made.
- Parents (not older children) must escort their children to the playroom. Supervision is not available elsewhere in the building and children are not welcome in areas other than the 3rd floor. Parents are asked to leave children in a kind, yet firm manner and to arrive early enough to allow a calm departure. Also, parents are asked to resist the temptation to check on children at the break. A staff person will locate parents if they are needed. We do not ask older siblings to baby sit younger ones.
- Our building security guard's shift ends at noon, so children must be picked up promptly at noon and families must exit the building immediately.
- Parents are asked to not bring children who are feverish or otherwise ill.
Note: We welcome your attendance and understand that this is one childcare option for you. If you are in any way not satisfied with our child care, you are welcome to make your own alternative arrangements. If you have questions about child care call Center coordinator Laura Backen Jones - (541) 463-5234.