The job of the board is to represent the people of the college district in determining and assuring organizational performance.
The board is legally vested with final decision making in all matters of board policies, programs, facilities, budget, and personnel.
Consequently, the contributions of the board shall include:
- The link between the organization and the citizens of the district.
- Written governing policies which, at the broadest levels, address:
- Ends: Organizational products, impacts, benefits, outcomes (what's good for which needs at what cost).
- Executive Directions: Directions for executive authority which establish the prudent and ethical boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place.
- Governance Process: Specification of how the board conceives, carries out, and monitors its own task.
- Board-President Relationship: How accountability/authority and duties are delegated and monitored.
- The assurance of presidential performance.
ADOPTED: November 9, 1998
REVISED: February 11, 2004
REVIEWED: February 13, 2008
REVIEWED: January 12, 2011