Lane Community College shall be governed by a system that is a learning-centered system and fulfills the vision, mission, and core values of the college.
The president shall be the steward of the governance system, be accountable and responsible for the decisions made in the governance system, and evaluated accordingly.
The college governance system shall recognize that the best decisions are made through the inclusion of many and diverse voices. The system of governance shall ensure that the authority, responsibility, accountability, and relationship among and between the board, managers, faculty, staff, and students are clearly described and communicated. The system of governance shall be evaluated as
- Wide and explicit communication
- Efficiency and timeliness
- Processes that encourage employee and student participation in problem solving and decision making
- Processes that assure that decisions are made at the appropriate level, by the appropriate group with the needed expertise
- Recognition of the support needed for employees and students to participate and contribute meaningfully
ADOPTED: March 10, 2004
REVIEWED: September 10, 2008