With respect to employment, compensation, and benefits to employees, consultants, contract workers, and volunteers, the president shall assure fiscal integrity and public image.
Accordingly, the president shall:
- Not change his or her own compensations and benefits.
- Not promise permanent or guaranteed employment.
- Establish current compensation and benefits which:
- Do not deviate materially from the professional market for the skills employed, are competitive, and are consistent with board-approved collective bargaining agreements.
- Not create obligations over a longer period than prudent.
- Not establish deferred or long-term compensation and benefits which cause any employee to lose benefits already accrued under any forgoing plan.
ADOPTED: November 9, 1998
REVISED: April 12, 2000
REVIEWED: May 12, 2004
REVIEWED: June 11, 2008
REVIEWED: May 12, 2010