With respect to services for students, the president shall assure that procedures and decisions are safe, respectful and confidential. Student success is at the heart of Lane's mission, and the foundation upon which faculty and staff shall organize and plan their work to achieve Lane's vision of transforming lives through learning.
Employees support student success by ensuring access and opportunity for all eligible students and by aligning academic and support services to: provide quality educational experiences; promote student progression; and achieve high rates of completion.
The president shall assure that:
- The institution represents itself accurately and consistently to prospective students through its catalogs, publications and official statements.
- Admissions information forms avoid eliciting information for which there is no clear necessity.
- Methods of collecting, reviewing, transmitting, or storing information about learners will be protected against improper access in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Facilities provide a reasonable level of privacy, both visual and aural.
- The college environment is welcoming and accepting to all learners.
- Learners have a clear understanding of what may be expected from the services offered.
- Learners are informed of their rights and responsibilities and are provided a process to address grievances.
- There is adequate provision for the safety and security of learners.
ADOPTED: November 9, 1998
REVISED: April 12, 2000
REVISED: May 12, 2004
REVIEWED: July 11, 2007
REVIEWED: February 3, 2010
REVISED: June 11, 2014