With respect to interactions with learners, the president shall assure that procedures and decisions are safe, respectful and confidential.
Accordingly, the president shall assure that:
- The institution represents itself accurately and consistently to prospective students through its catalogs, publications and official statements.
- Admissions information forms avoid eliciting information for which there is no clear necessity.
- Methods of collecting, reviewing, transmitting, or storing information about learners will be protected against improper access in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Facilities provide a reasonable level of privacy, both visual and aural.
- The college environment is welcoming and accepting to all learners.
- Learners have a clear understanding of what may be expected from the services offered.
- Learners are informed of their rights and responsibilities and are provided a process to address grievances.
- There is adequate provision for the safety and security of learners.
ADOPTED: November 9, 1998
REVISED: April 12, 2000
REVISED: May 12, 2004
REVIEWED: July 11, 2007
REVIEWED: February 3, 2010