Current Projects and Events
April 11 Workshop Registration: "Engaging with CLOs"
Current project scope and proposals include:
22 Hours of Funding for 5 program, department, or division teams. If the program or team has yet to hold conversations about rubrics or how the Core Learning Outcomes intersect with program and/or course outcomes, faculty teams of 4-8 can apply for:
- Curriculum development funding for Discipline Program Review and/or Assessment Planning, which will involve consultation with an A-Team mentor. This is a good first step. Program review plans may include a request for additional and future funding to develop discipline-specific CLO rubrics.
18 Hours of Funding for Faculty Teams. If the program or team has already developed a discipline-specific rubric and is ready for mapping, faculty teams of 4-8 can apply for:
- CD funding to map first-term Career-Technical courses to CLOs (available for six courses/teams).
- CD funding to map high enrollment general education courses or a high-demand sequence to CLOs (available for six courses/teams).
75 Hours of Funding for Faculty Teams. If the program has already developed a discipline-specific rubric and started mapping, faculty teams of 4-8 can apply for:
- CD funding to assess student artifacts against the CLO-mapped rubric, a project which may focus on:
- Assessing one or more CLO(s) using a rubric and scoring artifacts across a series of similar courses in the department, program, or discipline;
- Assessing one or more CLO(s) using a rubric and scoring artifacts collected from multiple sections of the same course;
- Assessing one or more CLO(s) using a rubric and scoring artifacts collected from a course sequence.
- This process should include consultation IRAP about methodology
If faculty have a project in mind that does not exactly fit into the parameters above, we urge you to contact Kate Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and discuss the plan with her to see if it's funding is a possibility.
High Impact Practices Curriculum Development mini grants
Discipline Team Rubric Creation 2012-2013