ASLCC Elections - 2014/15 Information
2014-2015 ASLCC Elections Information for Voters -
- Current Credit Students: Voting begins 8 am April 28 and ends midnight May 1
- VOTE HERE (beginning 8 am April 28)
- 2014-2015 ASLCC Ballot Measures and Candidates Statements
2014-2015 ASLCC Elections Information for Candidates
Thank you for your interest in willing to serving the students of Lane Community College by running for one of the many elected offices that comprise the ASLCC; student government. ASLCC functions as much as the students that run it are willing to do the work.
This election packet contains information and documents that will benefit you throughout your campaign. It is your responsibility as a candidate to be aware of the election rules and guidelines, deadlines and campaigning rules. Please pay particular attention to:
- A document outlining the basic structure & functions of the ASLCC and the link to the current ASLCC Constitution and ASLCC By-laws
- Current ASLCC Mandatory Student Activity Fee Information Sheet
- List of dates and deadlines pertaining to the election;
- The qualifications and paperwork required to file for candidacy; including election guidelines and rules.
- Official ASLCC Senate Application and Candidate Statement
If you have any questions or to obtain a complete packet, please contact Bette Dorris in the ASLCC office, Barb Delansky, ASLCC Advisor, or the ASLCC Election Committee Chair.
The ASLCC offices are located on the LCC Main Campus
4000 E 30TH AVE, EUGENE, OR 97405 BUILDING 1 ROOM 210
The Associated Students of Lane Community College 2014-2015 Elections Information
ELECTED POSITIONS THESE POSITIONS ARE ELECTED BY STUDENT VOTE. ONLY STUDENTS WHO MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE ASLCC CONSTITUTION, BY-LAWS AND ELECTION RULES MAY BE LISTED ON THE BALLOT FOR ELECTION. WRITE IN CANDIDATES MUST STILL MEET THE SAME QUALIFICATIONS IN ORDER TO HOLD OFFICE.
- President/Vice-President (Must Run On SameTicket)
- Multicultural Program Coordinator
- Senators (10 At-Large)
- Student Finance Board Officers (4 At-Large)
APPOINTED POSITIONS - THESE POSITIONS ARE APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT, AND RATIFIED BY THE SENATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ASLCC CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS.
- Chief of Staff
- Communications Director
- Gender and Sexual Diversity Advocate
- Student Resource Director
- State Affairs Director
- Campus Events Coordinator
- Administrative Secretary
Qualifications for all ASLCC Elected Positions
- All candidates must be enrolled in at least six (6) LCC credit hours during the term he or she is a candidate for ASLCC office by the application deadline.
- ASLCC Presidential candidates must have completed a minimum of 18 credit hours within the previous 3 terms, with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 to be eligible to run for office.
- Candidates for all other offices must be enrolled in at least 6 credits and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- All students elected to ASLCC office shall be required to enroll in, and complete at least six (6) credit hours each term and maintain a 2.0 term GPA. Credits recorded as audit or received a no pass do not count as completed credits.
- No member of ASLCC shall simultaneously hold more than one (1) office under this Constitution; (No member can run for more than one (1) office)
- No member of ASLCC shall be in the same executive office for more than 2 consecutive years. (No matter if you were elected or appointed to that position originally.)