FOR OREGON STATE REGISTERED APPRENTICES ONLY
WELCOME TO FALL TERM 2014
We are pleased to continue offering related training classes as part of your apprenticeship program.
APPRENTICESHIP CLASS SCHEDULE
Registration deadline is Friday, September 26, 2014.
Fall term classes begin the week of Monday, September 29, 2014.
*The deadline to complete all the REQUIRED Steps to Enroll for Fall term is September 26th. Completing the REQUIRED steps typically takes 7 or more business days.
Get Started - Steps to Enroll
Step 1: Admissions
New Credit Students - Complete online Admissions form on Lane's website.
*Note: When filling out the admissions form, you have the option to select an AAS degree specific to your trade OR to select "Taking Credit Classes No Degree or Transfer-No Fin Aid". If you select a degree option, you will be required to complete placement testing and academic advising before registration.
1) Receive your Lane identification number (L#).
2) Receive your temporary myLane PIN/PASSPHRASE for use in Step 4 below.
**You must have an email address before completing the online form.
Returning Credit Students - Continue with the registration process below, (Step 5).
NOTE: All outstanding balances at Lane must be paid in full in order to register for the current term. To view and/or pay your account balance, click on the myFinances tab in myLane.
Step 2: Financial Aid - Not applicable--Apprenticeship majors are not financial-aid eligible.
Step 3: Schedule and Complete Placement Testing.
1) Placement testing is required for degree-seeking students and for some credit classes. You must have your student L# before scheduling a testing appointment.
2) The placement testing deadline for fall term is Wednesday, September 24th.
3) Non-degree-seeking students may select the major of "Taking Credit Classes No Degree or Transfer-No Fin Aid". Placement testing is not required for this option.
Step 4: Initiate your MyLane account and complete the New Student Information Session.
1) Deadline to complete is Friday, September 26th.
2) Using your temporary password from Step 1, log into myLane and complete the online New Student Information Session. (This process may take 1-1.5 hrs to complete). A registration hold will be on your account until the orientation session has been completed.
3) If you decide to enroll in other credit courses later (not apprenticeship), a New Student Advising Session is required.
Step 5: Register for Classes
Click on the myEnrollment tab in myLane to register for class.
1. In the Registration Tools box, click on Add or Drop Classes link.
2. Select the term for which you wish to register and click on Submit button.
3. Enter the course CRN# into the box below the Add Classes Worksheet and click on Submit Changes. You are now registered!
Step 6: Complete and Return the Student Information Release Form to Apprenticeship Office.
Print and complete the entire form: Student Information Release Form.
Either scan and email the completed signed form to Joy Crump at email@example.com, or mail to:
Joy Crump, Apprenticeship Program
Lane Community College - 15/201
4000 E. 30th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97405
Remember to check your MyLane account frequently to stay current with all of your college business!
Contact Joy Crump, Administrative Specialist at (541) 463-5496 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main Campus-Bldg. 15 Rm. 201